by Steven E. Yeo, Frederick P. Binkowski and Joseph E. Morris
The intent of this report is to:
Free Download (2.15 MB)
- Describe the characteristics of effluents and waste by-products of representative aquaculture rearing systems in the North Central Region.
- Explain the relationship of these wastes to their dietary source and the aquaculture production process.
- Compare the waste production and water usage of aquaculture systems in comparison with other agricultural, municipal, and industrial production processes.
- Review potential methods for wastewater and solids reduction and recovery for beneficial use.
- Recommend proactive measures that aquaculturists can use to promote and ensure the minimization of environmental impact and development of more sustainable aquaculture practices for the North Central Region.
In Internet Explorer you can save a copy on your computer: >Right click on “Free Download” >Click "Save Target As" >Click Save >Click Open to view the document.
OR You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy—be sure to include the title. The reply email will include the publication as an attached PDF.
You can download a free PDF reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader